An E1 visa is available to certain foreign nationals who come to the United States to engage in international trade. The E1 visa allows its holder to live and work in the United States for an initial period of up to two years, with the possibility of renewing the visa for additional two-year periods.
To qualify for an E1 visa, the foreign national must be a citizen of a country in which the United States has a commerce and navigation treaty; have invested, or planning to invest, a significant amount of capital in a U.S.-based enterprise; and intend to come to the United States to start and direct that enterprise. In addition, the foreign national’s home country must provide reciprocal treatment to U.S. citizens engaged in international trade.
Why you need an E1 Visa Lawyer
1) The application process for an E1 visa can be complex, and the requirements are strict. An experienced immigration lawyer can help ensure that your application is complete and accurate and increase your chances of being approved for a visa.
2) An immigration lawyer can also help if your application for an E1 visa is denied. A lawyer can review the denial letter to determine any grounds for an appeal and if so, prepare and file the necessary paperwork.
3) Even if your E1 visa application is approved, additional hurdles may be overcome before you are allowed to enter the United States. For example, you may be required to appear for an interview at a U.S. consulate or embassy or undergo a medical examination. An immigration lawyer can help you navigate these requirements and represent you in any interviews or hearings that may be required.
4) Once granted an E1 visa, you will be allowed to remain in the United States for up to two years. If you wish to extend your stay beyond that period, you will need to apply for a renewal of your visa. An immigration lawyer can help you with this process as well.
5) Finally, if at any time during your stay in the United States you wish to change your status from an E1 visa holder to another type of visa, such as an H-1B work visa, an immigration lawyer can assist you with that process as well.
Things to consider when looking for an E1 Visa Lawyer
1) When looking for an hiring a E1 Visa Lawyer, it is crucial to find someone with experience handling these cases. An experienced immigration lawyer will know how to navigate the process and increase your chances of being approved for a visa.
2) It is also essential to find an immigration lawyer familiar with your home country’s laws. The E1 visa is available only to citizens of countries with which the United States has a treaty of commerce and navigation. An experienced immigration lawyer will know whether your country meets this requirement.
3) You should also consider the cost of hiring an immigration lawyer. Experienced lawyers may charge higher fees, but they may also be more likely to get your visa application approved.